The purpose of this page is to provide help to those with a question about the scriptures by explaining how the resources available on this site may help.
Feast upon the Word may be a good resource for finding an answer to your question about the scriptures. To understand whether this is likely, you need to understand the focus of this site. This site is focused on understanding the text of the scriptures. Given this, you may be able to find the answer to a scriptural question you have if that question relates to a specific passage of scripture.
However, if your question is not related to any specific passage of scripture, you are unlikely to find the answer you are looking for on this site. For example, suppose you have a broad question about the historical origin of a certain book in The Old Testament. Given that such a question doesn't relate to any passage of scripture in particular, this site would not be a good resource to turn to for finding the answer.
How to find the answer to your question that relates to a specific passage of scripture
- First, look to see if your question is already answered by checking the commentary page for the passage of scripture that your question refers to. After reading the commentary closely you may find that your question is answered.
- If you don't find the answer there, try the following next:
- Post your question to the "questions" section of the relevant commentary page.
- If you would like to highlight your question. Go to the page Requests for commentary.
- Add a short description of your question there, with a link to the page you added your question to.
Doing this brings the question to the attention of other users. If another user chooses to answer your question they will likely do so by adding commentary to the relevant commentary page.