- Matt 18:1-4 (whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child...)\
- 2 Ne 9:42 (and save they shall...come down in the depths of humility, he will not open unto him)
- Mosiah 3:19 (if I...do merit any thanks...thank your heavenly King)
- Mosiah 2:24-7 (I, whom ye call your king, am no better than ye yourselves are)
- Alma 26:11-12 (I know that I am nothing...but I will boast of my God)
- Alma 32:1-16 (they are more blessed who truly humble themselves)
- Alma 38:13-14 (acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times)
- Ether 12:27 (I give unto men weakness that they may be humble)
- D&C 112:10 (be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee)
- James 4:10 (humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up)
- 1 Pet 5:5-6 (be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble)
- Prov 3:5-12 (trust in the Lord...whom the Lord loveth he correcteth)
Hymn 172: "In humility, our Savior, Grant thy Spirit here, we pray; As we bless the bread and water In thy name this holy day. Let me not forget, O Savior, Thou didst bleed and die for me When thy heart was stilled and broken On the cross at Calvary.
"Fill our hearts with sweet forgiving; Teach us tolerance and love. Let our prayers find access to thee In thy holy courts above. Then, when we have proven worthy Of thy sacrifice divine, Lord, let us regain thy presence; Let thy glory round us shine." --Text: Mabel Jones Gabbott, b.1910.
Humility: talk by Marlin K. Jensen in April 2001 conference.
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity. "The Great Sin," p. 108-114