From Feast upon the Word (http://feastupontheword.org). Copyright, Feast upon the Word.
- Luke 22-23 (And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood);
- John 19:17-18 (they crucified him);
- Rom 5:11-17 (by one came death, by one came life);
- Heb 2 (Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death...);
- 2 Ne 9 (he suffereth...the pains of every living creature);
- Mosiah 15 (these are they whose sins he has borne);
- Alms 34:8-16 (an atonement made or all mankind must perish);
- Alma 42 (mercy cometh because of the atonement);
- D&C 19:15-20 (which suffering caused myself...to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore);
- D&C 76:40-42 (this is the gospel...that he came into the world, even Jesus, to be crucified foer the world);
- Lev 16:20-28 (Sins of all Israel forgiven on day of atonement);
- Isa 1:18 (sins shall be made white);
- Isa 53:4-6, 12 (he hath borne our griefs...made intercession for the transgressors)
Ex. An arrow. We are the shaft. He is the arrowhead...