From Feast upon the Word (http://feastupontheword.org). Copyright, Feast upon the Word.
General Conference quotes
- All Men Everywhere by Elder Dallin H. Oaks, General Conference, April 2006:
- "The children of God in all nations have His promise that He will manifest Himself to them. The Book of Mormon tells us:
- "'He manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith' (2 Nephi 26:13).
- "Note that these promised manifestations of the Lord are to 'every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.' Today we are seeing the fulfillment of that promise in every nation where our missionaries are permitted to labor, even among peoples we have not previously associated with Christianity."
- “Statement of the First Presidency regarding God’s Love for All Mankind,” 15 February 1978, as quoted in “Communion with the Holy Spirit" by James E. Faust, Ensign, Mar. 2002, p. 3; also quoted in“Communion with the Holy Spirit” by James E. Faust, Ensign, May 1980, 12:
- “The great religious leaders of the world such as Mohammed, Confucius, and the Reformers, as well as philosophers including Socrates, Plato, and others, received a portion of God’s light. Moral truths were given to them by God to enlighten whole nations and to bring a higher level of understanding to individuals. … We believe that God has given and will give to all peoples sufficient knowledge to help them on their way to eternal salvation.”
- 2 Ne 29:7: "Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?" (emphasis added)
- 2 Ne 29:8, 11-12: "For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it." (emphasis added)
- 2 Ne 26:13: "He manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith" (2 Nephi 26:13). (emphasis added)
- Alma 29:8: "For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true." (emphasis added)
- Taoism subpage
- Urantia: "The Urantia Book, first published by the Urantia Foundation in 1955, was authored by celestial beings as a special revelation to our planet, Urantia. The book's message is that all human beings are one family, the sons and daughters of one God, the Universal Father" (from urantia.org). Paper 131 proposes that Melchezidek spread the gospel all across the world, thereby explaining the many different world religions.