This page would ideally always be under construction. You are invited to contribute.
This section should be very brief. Click the link above and to the right to edit or add content to this heading. →
This section is for detailed discussion such as the meaning of a symbol, how a doctrinal point is developed throughout a passage, or insights that can be further developed in the future. Contributions may range from polished paragraphs down to a single bullet point. The focus, however, should always be on understanding the scriptural text consistent with LDS doctrine. Click the link above and to the right to edit or add content to this heading. →
- Matt 10: Proselyting. This chapter explains how to grow the church by missionary work. Chapter 18 is parallel explains how to manage or administer the church.
This section is for questions along the lines of "I still don't understand ..." Please do not be shy. The point of these questions is to identify things that still need to be addressed on this page. Click the link above and to the right to edit or add content to this heading. →
Prompts for life application
This section is for prompts that suggest ways in which a passage can influence a person's life. Prompts may be appropriate either for private self reflection or for a class discussion. Click the link above and to the right to edit or add content to this heading. →
Prompts for further study
This section is for prompts that invite us to think about a passage more deeply or in a new way. These are not necessarily questions that beg for answers, but rather prompts along the lines of "Have you ever thought about ..." Prompts are most helpful when they are developed individually, thoughtfully, and with enough background information to clearly indicate a particular direction for further study or thought. Click the link above and to the right to edit or add content to this heading. →
- Matt 10:7: Kingdom. Basileia, translated "kingdom," can be translated "kingdom," "reign," "rule," and "dominion." What does Jesus mean by this?
- Matt 10:16. How does one follow Jesus’ injunction in verse 16? How should one define "wise" and "harmless"?
- Matt 10:21-25. When Jesus says, "Son of man," he refers to himself. What does he mean by "...till the Son of man be come"?
- Matt 10:31-35. In some languages, "advocate" and "lawyer" are the same word. How does this apply to these verses?
- Matt 10:40-42. How is Jesus' system of rewards in verses 40-42 different from what people would have been used to?
This section is for listing links and print resources, including those that are also cited elsewhere on this page. A short comment about the particular strengths of a resource can be helpful. Click the link above and to the right to edit or add content to this heading. →
Footnotes are not required but are encouraged for factual assertions that average readers cannot easily evaluate for themselves (such as the date of King Solomon’s death or the nuanced definition of a Greek word). In contrast, insights rarely benefit from footnoting, and the focus of this page should always remain on the scriptures themselves rather than what someone has said about them. Links are actively encouraged on all sections of this page, and links to authoritative sources (such as Strong's Bible Concordance or the Joseph Smith Papers) are preferable to footnotes.