The Doctrine & Covenants
From Feast upon the Word (http://feastupontheword.org). Copyright, Feast upon the Word.
(Redirected from Doctrine & Covenants)
Home > The Doctrine & Covenants
- Navigation links from one section to the next always link in chronological sequence, not numerical sequence. The next section in numerical sequence can be found by returning to this page or by using the search box in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Authorship and audience.
- Time. Most of the revelations and other documents contained in the Doctrine & Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price were received or created, or tell abut events that occurred, between 1820-1847. A chronology of Joseph Smith's life and of the early latter day church is found at Historical Overview of the Restoration Scriptures. Maps, timelines, and biographical sketches can also be found from that page.
- Place. The Doctrine & Covenants takes place in the northeastern quarter of the United States between Missouri and New York. Places
- People. The Doctrine & Covenants includes almost no story, yet it names dozens of people without any explanation of who they are. On some occasions it does not matter to the reader that a revelation was addressed to a particular individual rather than another. But on other occasions it does matter a great deal. Links to information regarding about forty of the kety individuals referenced in the Doctrine & Covenants is found at D&C People.
- The Doctrine & Covenants text at lds.org
- Explanation of significant editions of the Doctrine & Covenants (from The Encyclopedia of Mormonism)
LDS Journals and online libraries.
- Mormon Studies Review from Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship at BYU
- Religious Educator from BYU Religious Studies Center
- Doctrine & Covenants Institute Student Manual, Religion 324-325.